//

Video: Molly McCann has wild reaction after winning UFC Vegas 36 Fight of the Night bonus

@MeatballMolly, Twitter

Coming off of back-to-back losses, Molly McCann had a lot of pressure on her shoulders heading into Saturday’s fight, so one can understand if she was a tad emotional after.

McCann won a unanimous decision over Ji Yeon Kim on the UFC Vegas 36 preliminary card and not only snapped her skid, but later found out that she and Kim were the recipients of the evening’s Fight of the Night bonus.

This is the first UFC bonus of McCann’s career, and it means she’s heading home with an extra $50,000.

“Meatball” shared a video on social media of her reaction to the news, which involved her letting out an excited shout. Watch a clip of the excited reaction above.

Immediately following her fight, McCann told reporters that she wanted to put on a show for the fans in the last fight of her contract.

“I wanted to give the fans something,” McCann said. “You know I fight for the fans. I could just hear my coach and I knew who wanted it more in that last round. I want a new contract, that was the last fight on my contract and I just had to show my worth.

“After the headbutt that dropped me in the first round, honest to God me hands feel broke, but I thought, what am I made of? I’m made of that pure Scouse nastiness and I put my hands down, walked forward, let’s just go. I wanted it more, I landed better shots, and I am on top of the world.”

No comments