//

Kevin Lee releases statement after UFC Vegas 35 loss, says haters can ‘burn in hell’

UFC Fight Night: Lee v Rodriguez
Photo by Chris Unger/Zuffa LLC via Getty Images

UFC veteran Kevin Lee has released a statement after his loss to Daniel Rodriguez at UFC Vegas 35, and he is adamant he hasn’t reached the end of his road.

Lee was unanimously outpointed two rounds to one by Rodriguez this past Sunday night in Las Vegas. At times, the one-time UFC interim lightweight title challenger looked listless and out of step. But he vowed to press forward and keep fighting.

“Didn’t have a good performance this last time out but honestly after 500 days away and multiple surgeries I’m proud of what I was able to do,” Lee wrote on Instagram. “I tried climbing a very tall mountain and this was just another speed-bump on the way. My best performances are ahead of me and I know that.

“I don’t care if I have to bump my head to get there I won’t stop until I figure this shit out. I’m still competing with the best in the world and won’t hang my head just yet. If you have something negative to say f*ck you from bottom of my heart. F*ck all the hate yell [sic] can burn in hell. And thank you to everyone who has reached out with love. I’m not done yet. Not at all.”

Lee’s setback was his fourth in his previous five outings and followed a year-plus layoff courtesy of serious knee injuries that required surgery. It also marked his second try in the welterweight division after his second miss on the scale in the UFC.

Lee has repeatedly called for the promotion to implement a 165-pound division that would better suit his frame.

No comments