//

Pimblett expecting call-outs after UFC debut

Paddy Pimblett makes his UFC debut at UFC Vegas 36.
Paddy Pimblett makes his UFC debut at UFC Vegas 36. | Dolly Clew/Cage Warriors

Paddy Pimblett is expecting to be called out by a lot of names in the lightweight division after he makes a successful debut at UFC Vegas 36. 

The long-awaited promotional debut of Paddy ‘The Baddy’ Pimblett is among us, and he knows that all eyes are going to be on him this Saturday night.

Pimblett signed with the UFC earlier this year and the former Cage Warriors Fighting Championship (CWFC) featherweight champion received his first opponent in Luigi Vendramini for an upcoming Fight Night event. The 26-year-old Liverpudlian has generated a lot of hype for his highlight-reel finishes and bold personality, the latter of which has already gained a call-out or two before Pimblett has even set foot in the Octagon.

He has planned to put on an impressive performance against Vendramini at UFC Vegas 36, so Pimblett expects those call-outs to increase dramatically.

“People are going to be calling me out, lad,” Pimblett told Steven James Irvine of the MMA Lowdown podcast. “People are going to want to fight me. As I’ve said before, I am the new cash cow. People are going to be calling me out and I’ll just — whatever the UFC puts on the table for me, I’ll sign it, lad. This fight I got offered four different opponents and Luigi was the fourth one, but I said yes to every opponent.”

Pimblett enters the fight on a two-fight win streak. He finished Decky Dalton and submitted Davide Martinez in previous appearances, and said he would like to add another prospect in Vendramini to his record.

UFC Vegas 36 takes place on Saturday, Sept. 4 live from the UFC APEX in Las Vegas. The event is headlined by a middleweight contender fight between Derek Brunson and Darren Till.

No comments