//

‘Love thy enemy’ - Sanchez addresses Fabia split, won’t ‘fire back’

UFC 253 Adesanya v Costa
Photo by Mike Roach/Zuffa LLC via Getty Images

Diego Sanchez has issued a statement on his split with controversial “guru” Joshua Fabia.

Joshua Fabia had been criticized not only for being a “sham” MMA coach, but many of Diego Sanchez’s friends, teammates and family also expressed genuine concern that the man who took control as his sole manager, coach, nutritionist, and trainer was “using” and “manipulating” him.

It took a while, but that partnership has come to an end, with the original TUF winner also revoking the power of attorney he gave the controversial coach and self-proclaimed “healer.” Sanchez has also regained control of his social media accounts after the split, and he has apologized to fans and addressed the issue.

Sanchez has distanced himself from the activity on his OnlyFans page, which previously had numerous video clips with captions that were sexual of nature. His Instagram also had several posts taking shots at “racist” Donald Cerrone and several others who have publicly criticized Fabia. These posts have now been removed.

The UFC veteran also discussed the vile insults and serious accusations Fabia made after the split, saying that he refuses to “fire back” because that’s what his former coach wants.

His full statement on Instagram is as follows:

To all of my family, friends, fans and the mma community

Thank you all for your continued love and support through this very challenging time in my life. I appreciate all of the defense that arose for me on behalf of my career, myself and all of those who were involved. Thank you for those that have been sensitive to this situation. I apologize to all of those that were affected negatively. I will refrain from provoking this situation any longer. I refuse to fire back on accusations that in the intent were made to provoke me and those close to me. Once again, my faith has taught me to love thy neighbor and love thy enemy. I wish for peace to surface moving forward. Luke 6:27-36.

I will lift Josh and Rebecca up in prayer Prayers that god helps them find their peaceful awareness.

In Christ

Diego Sanchez

Sanchez, 39, spent 16 years with the UFC, and was the original winner of The Ultimate Fighter. He was supposed to have a retirement bout with Cerrone, but was instead unceremoniously released, stemming from Fabia’s recent confrontation with the UFC brass.

No comments