//

Colby Covington not backing down from feuds with ‘mediocre’ Jorge Masvidal, ‘washed-up’ Joanna Jedrzejczyk

Colby Covington | Esther Lin, MMA Fighting

Anyone hoping for a kinder, gentler Colby Covington will have to keep waiting.

The ever-controversial welterweight contender recently spoke to Submission Radio and explained that he wanted to apologize to fellow American Top Team fighter Dustin Poirier for insults that he made about Poirier in an interview with ESPN. But Covington’s olive branch was only extended to Poirier and when he was asked about other ongoing feuds with ATT members Jorge Masvidal and Joanna Jedrzejczyk, Covington doubled down on his sentiments.

“What’s my message to Jorge ‘Journeyman’ Jorge Masvidal a.k.a. ‘Street Judas,’ the guy who tried to stab me in the back for money and business?” Covington said. “You got your ass-whooping waiting, buddy. You got your 10 seconds of fame. They’re up. You hit lightning in a bottle. But let’s look at your record, buddy. You got double digit losses on your record. You’re a 50/50 average mediocre fighter. Stop acting like you’re so great, you ain’t great. You know what happened when we used to train for the last eight, nine years. There’s never been one second where you have ever beat me.

“So, if you want to get embarrassed in front of the world, let’s do it, because Jorge keeps talking about wanting to fight in the streets. It’s like, dude, if we fight in the streets who’s going to pay your medical bills, Jorge? At least if we fight in the UFC octagon I’m gonna break your jaw, I’m gonna rearrange your face, and the UFC will cover your medical bills. So, let’s leave our business in the octagon. But he doesn’t want to fight me in the octagon, he knows better than that.”

The Covington-Masvidal feud is nothing new. Once regarded as close friends, a rift has developed between the two as they’ve both emerged as stars in the welterweight division over the past few years with Covington winning an interim title and Masvidal claiming the “BMF” belt in a high-profile bout opposite Nate Diaz.

As for Jedrzejczyk, while the two won’t be settling the score in the cage, she and Covington have engaged in some verbal sparring anyway with the former strawweight champion telling ESPN that Covington should apologize for his disrespectful behavior at the gym. Covington did not take kindly to this suggestion, instead sending more crude comments in Jedrzejczyk’s direciton.

“And as far as Joanna Jedrzejczyk, you know, his little sidepiece, that they got a little fling going on right now, I could give a f*ck less about her,” Covington said. “She’s washed-up, nobody cares about her. She used to be ‘the boogiewoman,’ now she’s ‘the boobie woman.’

“Look at her face. She got her face rearranged, and I called it. In the beginning of the week, the week before her fight, I put a video saying, hey guys, Joanna wants an apology from me, so here I am for my apology. Joanna, I’m sorry. I’m sorry that you had to get your face rearranged and everybody’s going to get rich at mybookie.ag. And that’s exactly what happened, I got rich. I made a Rolex off of Joanna Jedrzejczyk’s bitch ass.”

No comments